You Are Reading

Friday 3 May 2013

What is good? Exploration of ideas.

The most suitable way to present my findings and observations of the honey bee seemed most appropriate through an exhibition, educating and informing my audience...I didn't want to just basically design the branding for an event, I wanted to create a product that could be sold as a way to help the honeybee issue. Resource Box? Promotional Box? I wanted the operations of the honeybee exhibition to be prevalent within this resource box.

In this following post I examined different components that were all a component of an exhibition, including, museum branding, exhibition publications, Info-graphics, way-finding, book binding.

If I was to generate a map for my exhibition to help viewers move around more effectively, I could have their journey mapped out by the buzz of a bee (you can see the inspiration in the image below)




I recognised that this particular branding has a very strong resemblance to a swarm. Instantly I thought If I'd replaced the D with a B, I'd have a logo that communicated a message perfectly. I'd just have to study swarms of honeybee's in more depth to figure out if there is a specific shape to a swarm. I turned toward the drawing board once I'd figured this out because it was almost my beginning of combining type and image into a logo.







Wood is a very appropriate material in the sense that it communicates the natural side of the honeybee. It's also used in the building of man-made hives. If it was used in a similar manner to the one below, I could laser cut details such as honeycomb into the front and back, or even use a cut through of a hexagon to show the publication inside.


Although the aesthetics overall aren't very eye-catching or up-lifting, the concept to the logo is quite inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.