You Are Reading

Thursday 15 November 2012

Design For Print - Visual Research

MAIN INSPIRATION FOR BOOKLET COVERS;



After developing design sketches and really thinking about how I could incorporate a consistent style, I came across the branding of 'BARR' which is a drinks company, I just loved the way the logo had been contained and really thought the branding was quite good despite it being ignored very often. When looking over my design sketches, I realised it would link well with the development of my layout's because quite a few of the sketches involved boxes...Maybe I could play on the perspective of the BARR logo? ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I was going to do a 'swatch' format for my colour theory booklet, I'd have to use curved angles otherwise it would lose its whole 'aura' and end up looking like a cheap imitation. Because of everything else I've got to pull off, I think using this approach would just jeopardise the quality of other areas.

After developing my container and clear perspex lid, I had a great idea! To use different brightly coloured stock to really bring out the design of the container, the stock would also act as an indicator to how CMYK is effected by stock. 

I want to incorporate a smaller booklet size for colour which would sit in the bottom right corner of my box. There would be a slight resemblance to paper format, as the smaller booklet will just simply look like a smaller A4.

Dimensions for colour theory booklet - 14.5 cm length & 10.5 cm wide


Most of the information in the following publication looks very informative but far too cramped, It would be a lot harder to digest the information and understand its meaning in this format, with the direction I'm heading in, I want to find a happy medium but ultimately have all of the information in chunks of digestible information.













No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.