You Are Reading

Wednesday 13 February 2013

What is good? Inspirational imagery - Insects

After developing my literature review of insects and taking into account peer review. It became apparent that my choice was very broad, focusing on such a subject like insects, would be like focusing on the entire human race and how they are beneficial... I'd be here forever if I was trying to deliver something informative, educative & directed in this manner. 

In an attempt to see if I could filter my topic choice down, I turned back to imagery, this time using design sites to gather a collection of visual directions. Hopefully this would enlighten a more focused topic...

















In conjunction with my research, I began taking into account what was happening in contemporary times. 

It became obvious that the most beneficial insect out of my literature searches was the Honey Bee, there was also a lot of scope for analysis within this topic matter. A lot of routes could also be taken, and what made this insect the choice for me... was the fact that it was a contemporary issue that needed addressing from a design point of view.

There was a current decline in honeybee's which had made news lines and caught the attention of Mp's, this provided a purpose for me to base my research around gave my design a reason to be exploited.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.