You Are Reading

Saturday 20 April 2013

Responsive / Mark Webster Photography / Email - Suggested

At this stage In time I've had the opportunities to progress with the larger briefs from YNC, so I thought in-between these I could start generating ideas for the beginning of this chosen brief. I'd received an email - forwarded through the University. It was basically a brief proposing a logo design for a photographer named, Mark Webster. Within the email he made it quite concise of what sort of design directions he wouldn't mind pursuing. The fact that he's done this shows to myself that he is aware of good design and appreciates design, making it a very different type of brief from those on 'DesignCrowd'. Although the reward wasn't so attractive, with a fee of £50. I thought it was a wise choice because I knew straight away what sort of things the photographer liked. He didn't want anything that would be considered a fad or trend but something that was more personal and would stand the test of time.

All of the fonts supplied as inspiration were also taken from the same typography website I use, LostType. I suppose you could say Mark enjoys contemporary fonts, supported by his listed source: Richard Moran. As you can see in the last image, Moran has used shapes to create his typographical symbol, a rather abstract approach. This was also the first link he supplied in the email which could be suggestive to be one of his favourite types of design.






http://www.richardmoran.co.uk


After my first stages of analysis, I highlighted the key words that stood out to me in the themes of the email...

I will use the logo on my business cards, letterheads and on my portfolio.

Mark's getting the logo embossed onto a leather portfolio which means the logo has to be bold and simple enough to do that.

He didn't want anything Old fashioned (Again hinting at a contemporary logo).

Overall I'm getting the feeling that Mark could do with his initials forming the logo to his business...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.