You Are Reading

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Responsive / Live brief - Douwe Egberts - Inspiration

Aztec Patterns and alike... Popular trend. All you have to do is keep an eye out for the designs for no more than 5 minutes in a public space, and you'll certainly see someone of the younger generation sporting some form of the aztec patterns. With the responsive module I've set out to do a mind map for each brief I do, this will then help me get a basis for my direction, with this I'll have a starting point for my research which should mean I'm not spending long periods of time, researching a lot of irrelevant areas. I'll be able to focus my research and concentrate on actually RESPONDING to briefs. 

For example Douwe Egberts want to create a packaging design that is aimed at a younger audience and a desire to drink coffee at home. So it would be silly not to explore the younger generation which is so widely available in Leeds.


Kim Kardashian



Examples of just a small minority of patterns, the following link provides reels of related images.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/aztec%20pattern






In my own personal opinion I think the horizontal designs work a lot better than the vertical designs because they have a stronger appearance of 'layers', making it easier to visually breakdown the pattern. As you can see from most of these examples the patterns have been designed horizontally.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.