You Are Reading

Saturday 20 April 2013

Responsive / Mark Webster Photography / Initial research

I really wanted to exploit this new website and begin to use it as a benchmark to a publics vote, viewing how successful different types of logos have been in a similar field to what I'd be researching, in this case it is a personal branding project for photographers.


As I thought, Most of the logo's strongly incorporate the initials of the photographer, with an obvious link to photography - in most cases, using reference to the lens/ shutter of the camera.







After analysing my research and knowing that 'M' & 'W' are practically the same when flipped. I noticed the points' on the 2 images below could be transformed into both an M & W. With this in mind I set out to create my own logo that incorporated the idea of illusion. Combining photography and type.


On this 2nd example an 'M' is more visible...



I really think incorporating two concepts into one through an illusion would be a good approach. The success of such approaches are visible in the following designs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.