You Are Reading

Saturday 20 April 2013

Responsive / ZoomRadar, 'DesignCrowd'





I set it to myself to do no more than three briefs from this website, At this moment in time I didn't really know how the competition would stack up from a designers POV. I didn't know if the judges had any design appreciation or wether they'd quickly decide on one logo they see rather than review all of the logos. This all made me quite wary but opened my eyes up-to the fact that I should try and have my fingers in as many pies as possible ( I mean this in the sense that I shouldn't take the majority of my briefs from one website. )

After review of the brief, I felt that I could bring ZoomRadar up-to date with contemporary culture and apply their contemporary concept, with a matching identity! The design-work at the time (as you can see from the images below) was old fashioned, tacky & gave off a very cheap feel. 


Already you can see that the designer of this logo clearly had the state of mind that more effects gave a better result.


Exploration of type - I was looking for a sleek, dynamic text that suggested sharpness...as you can see from my type choices, I tried to keep the original fonts relationship.



Colour considerations; the weather, refreshing, nature, seasonal. 





The business operates using solely interactive functions so it makes sense to incorporate a QR code scanner onto an aspect of their branding & identity. Could be quite an innovative selling point for their business? Take advantage of this idea and mix in with promotions?



All of the maps functions are powered by google maps, with this in mind the company zooms into different areas and give you the weather in that specific area. 

DESTINATIONS AND MAGNIFYING. These two words seem to be the biggest underlying themes of the companies services. This thought process has led me to research 'Point markers'. These are basically digital pin points which are representative of a destination. Could the idea of magnifying be incorporated into this feature? 


The lines represent different depths to a surface and give me a better understanding of how landscapes are presented interactively...






For one of my submissions I kept the colour scheme consistent with that of the website. As you can see from the submissions below it seemed that it was a wise choice with a majority of blue showing throughout the designs.


Because of our previous module which focused on design for print & web, it's become a lot easier to develop web interfaces and realise what could be possible in terms of coding. Throughout this module I've found myself returning to my 'Design for Print' booklet, finding out more information on binding techniques and stock finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.