You Are Reading

Saturday 20 April 2013

Responsive / Self Initiated Brief / Holistic Therapy

Because this brief was self initiated, most of the brief was solved through constant communication and updates on my design development.

The reward was over £100, I was aware that the client wanted the logo to be clearly representative of holistic therapy but at the same time wanting it to look personal to her business.

From the imagery below you can see a range of objects and actions that strongly relate to the subject matter, but did I really want to do something as simply as one of them? If I had done this, it would of been without a doubt...not an original. After primary research of surrounding Holistic therapists it was obvious that the main messages of restoring balance, calmness and smoothness wasn't took into consideration when they were applying factors of their designs such as, colour.


What made the image stand out below was that it wasn't just rocks. There was a reflection, ripples, and flower all complimenting the rock.



In a meeting with the client, She specified that they liked the idea of a person balancing, with one leg folded outwards, with their sole touching the side of their other legs knee. She also talked about incorporating the theme of balance, possibly holding her arms out with scales in each. I didn't really think this was the best approach for the business, it would end up looking too similar to the 'Federation Of Holistic Therapists' and lose its sense of personal.



Researching 'DesignCrowd' taking note of all the unsuccessful approaches to the branding of an holistic therapist. As you can see, nearly all of the uploaded files looked too industrious, that there was no sense of personal about them, and for some reason nearly all of them included the colour blue?...





The client is a member of the FHT, and so sent me her download of the logo, this is obtainable through their website once you've logged in as a member. I really felt she needed to exploit this point and make her consumers aware of her professionalism and standard so suggested including this symbol on every piece of branding...


Primary Research - Leaflets, booklets, website documents. All of the following have given me an idea to what I should include content wise/ size.





The colours on the following leaflet are too bright and in your face to successfully convey the main messages of a massage.





The clients current designwork - I was approached by this Holistic Therapist because she knew I was studying Graphic Design and was having great difficulty putting her information together appropriately and also designing the promotions. As you can see they look like they've been completed on publisher. Because of the businesses success the client didn't want the promoting of the business to jeopardise its reputation. 




Gaining access to this information and fluently communicating with my client made the whole process a lot easier! I had the main core of all the information I needed to incorporate, this meant I could turn the majority of my focus onto the actual imagery I was going to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Leeds College of Art. Graphic Design.
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.